Here is just a quick list of a few exciting events going on this month! There is still plenty of time to pick one or two places to try out.
The RED Team picked a few of their favorites to share with you…
- Free Fall/Halloween Costume Photo and treats on Oct. 31 from 2:30-4:30PM at 13301 Cedar Trail in The Oaks
- Oct. 23 the Cox Center presents “Casting Crowns” for more information go to www.coxconventioncenter.com
- Oct. 24 the Science Museum Oklahoma presents “A Bright Night of Not So Frightening Fun” at 6PM, go to www.sciencemuseum.org for more information
- Oct. 24-26 the Oklahoma State Fair Grounds presents “Affair of the Heart”, go to www.aaoth.com for more information
- Go grocery shopping at the new Natural Grocers in Edmond
- OU and OSU football scattered throughout the month
- Oct. 26-31 The Oklahoma City Zoo presents “Haunt the Zoo” at 6:30PM, go to www.okczoo.com for more information
- Multiple Churches are opening their doors for “Trunk or Treat” Google one closest to you!
- Oct. 26 Reason to Believe Ranch presents “Fall Family Fun Fest” from 2-5PM
- Oct 23-20 Arcadia Lake presents “Storybook Forest” from 5:30-8:30PM
- Oct. 11-18 Just Between Friends Children’s Consignment Sale at the Cleveland County Fairgrounds from 7-9PM, go to www.norman.jbfsale.com for more information
- Multiple Pumpkin patches are open in October. Google one closest to you!
- Oct. 17 the Oklahoma Children’s Theatre presents “Monster Mash” from 6-9PM, go to www.oklahomachildrenstheatre.org/fridayfunnightpage/fun-extras for more information
- Oct. 17-19 the Civic Center Music Hall present “Cinderella” at 8Pm or 2 PM, go to www.okcballet.com for more information
- Oct 29 Penn Square Mall presents “Mall-o-ween” from 6-8PM, go to www.simon.com/mall/penn-square-mall for more information
- Oct. 31 For a LONG list of activities go to www.metrofamilymagazine.com/fall-fun-guide
- Go to www.Sliceok.com also offers another LONG list of intriguing things to do this month
Please share your pictures with us on FACEBOOK if you get to attend any FALL events in the Edmond or Oklahoma City Metro area!
It is that time of year, Fall is here and Halloween is right around the corner! Save the date October 31st from 2:30-4:30pm at our beautiful listing in The Oaks. 13301 Cedar Trail Oklahoma City, OK 73131. The Oaks is located off of Eastern just South of Memorial Rd. Enter The oaks and turn left of Oaks Way and follow it around to Tow Bridge. Turn left on Two Bridge to Cedar Trail. You will see the property at that stop sign. Bring your friends and family to come get a free fall picture. We cant wait to see you there. We look forward to this event every year!
For more info on the Cedar Trail home go to www.realestateinedmond.com.
Just REDUCED to $181,777.00!
Magnificent! Updated master bath spa with a walk in shower, jetted tub, new mirrors, light fixtures and granite vanity. Master bedroom has THREE closets and two of them are walk in. Hall bath has new granite counter tops, tile on the floor and in the shower. Over sized and open living room with laminate wood floors and room for a pool table or sitting area. Kitchen is ALSO updated with fresh, painted white cabinets, granite tile counter tops, bar seating, a built in hutch and pantry space. Covered patio and fenced in yard. NEW CARPET! Utility room has a sink and great storage. The pictures do not show this home off like it is! It has VERY nice updates and it is move in ready! Call the RED Team for a showing today!
Kiley, Kim and I have all gone through a real estate program to better ourselves in real estate. It has been great in so many different ways for each of us. As some of you know, I am in a referral group here in Edmond and this morning, I shared a little about the “Phases of Energy” from our past BOLD program. These energy phases can impact daily life or your business. We have to remind ourselves daily to stay passionate, joyful, peaceful, compassionate, and responsible or we will come off the wrong way to our clients, co workers, family and friends!
Phases of Energy
- Victim – this is where you are one step away from WHY ME to woe is ME.
- Conflict/Anger – this one can be felt from blocks away even if they are not angry with you.
- Responsibility – don’t you wish everyone had this energy throughout the day.
- Compassion – people that show this energy allow people to feel love.
- Peace – this energy allows people to be who they choose to be without judgment
- Joy – just think about living a game called the perfect game. Where everything for an entire day is perfect and you are joyous about what is happening all day long
- Passion – this is the highest of all energies. Gratitude is a form of passion. When we are in gratitude we are vibrating at an energetic scales that people are attracted to.
Don’t you want to be #3-7 all the time. It really makes you think. You and I both need to remind ourselves about the phases of energy on a regular basis so we are not putting out a BAD vibe to our clients, family, friends and co workers! STAY POSITIVE and I PROMISE IT WILL BE BENEFICIAL to each one of you who take action!
Today is officially Fall! What are you plans for this Fall? The RED Team came up with a few ideas to help get you thinking about what fun, small and big activities in Oklahoma you can be doing this FALL!
- Buy a Home with the RED Team
- Take a nature walk
- Go on a Fall picnic
- Watch an OU or OSU football game
- Host a Halloween party
- Bake an Apple Pie
- Play in the leaves
- Make hot cider
- Go on a hay ride
- Visit one of the awesome pumpkin patches in the area
- Plant daffodil bulbs for next Spring
- Go to the zoo
- Decorate your mantle and home with fall decor
- Carve a pumpkin
- Wear the color Orange
- Go to Octoberfest (for dates and more info go to http://www.funtober.com/oktoberfest/oklahoma/ )
- Dip apples in carmel
- Crunch the falling leaves
- Make a pumpkin flavored food or drink
- Roast marshmallows or make s’mores
- Go listen to live music on the canal downtown OKC
- Hang out with the RED Team
And NEVER forget to Count Your Blessings and Give Thanks!
Today’s Topic: Rural Development
There is a lot of love in Washington for rural activities so it’s no wonder that the US Department of Agriculture has a home loan program. These loans are only available in certain locations. Attached is a map with a snapshot of the metro. A quick rule of thumb is that you can’t be in a decent sized city. So, for example, if you’re in Oklahoma County but outside any city limits in an unincorporated area you might be in a RD area. If you’re driving West on Covell and you cross Penn you’ve just left Edmond and you’re in an RD area. If you’re driving North on MacArthur and you cross 164th you just left Oklahoma City and you’re in an RD area. All of Logan and McClain County is RD. To know for sure here is the website link where you can key in an address and, of course, you’re always welcome to call, text or email me and I’ll check for you.
Key points of the program include:
- Finance 100% of the appraised value (yes you read that right – appraised value)
- Income limits
o 1-4 family 74,750
o 4-8 family 98,650
o 31% Housing ratio (% of house payment to gross monthly income)
o 43% Total debt to income ratio.
- No house size maximum. Although the 31% housing ratio limits you to about $270,000 (1-4 family) and $355,000 (4-8 family)
o 2% Funding Fee (Financed into the loan)
o .5% Annual Fee – paid monthly for the life of the loan.
- 6% seller concession
|Last Week||4.25||Dow Jones Industrials||17,279||Oil||92.41|
*Info provided by Tom Davies, Sr. VP Mortgage
Mortgage Loan Officer for Spirit Bank
2575 S Kelley Pointe Parkway Suite #180,