This weekend is a special time for moms and their children to spend time together. Whether your kids are young or old, it does not matter. Whether you go out for a nice Mother’s Day Brunch, cook at home or order take out, it does not matter. What does matter is the time you spend together celebrating the love you have for each other!
Some of us mom’s may enjoy a day fishing, hiking or going to a local park. I prefer to just be with my family, so a day grilling out, fishing and planting flowers is how we plan to spend Sunday. Some may want a day out of the house exploring our local attractions, so we have put together a list of Oklahoma City attractions that are offering specials for moms this weekend.
- Orr Family Farm – This weekend, moms can enjoy a special day with the family at Orr Family Farm Saturday, May 13 from 10 am to 5 pm. The Orr Family Farm will be hosting a special Mother’s Day Celebration with free Farm admission for all moms.
- Myriad Gardens where each mother will receive free admission Sunday, May 14 from 11 am to 5 pm. After you finish exploring the Crystal Bridge and have walked the garden grounds, Scissortail Gifts at Myriad Gardens will also be giving out a free Bedre chocolate rose with the purchase of an item.
- Oklahoma River Cruise for your mother this Mother’s Day! On May 13 and May 14, moms ride free on all public ferry cruises. Be sure to check the cruise schedules before making plans.
- Oklahoma City National Memorial – Head to the Oklahoma City National Memorial this Mother’s Day where mothers get free admission with one paid admission.
- National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum – Mosey on over to the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum where every mom will receive free admission this Sunday. The Museum will also be hosting a Mother’s Day Buffet from 11 am to 2 pm in the Sam Noble Special Events Center.
- RIVERSPORT Rapids– Take mom on a wild, outdoor adventure this Mother’s Day at the RIVERSPORT Adventure Park in the Boathouse District where moms get a free admission with the purchase of a regular day pass.
- Oklahoma City Museum of Art – If mom has an eye for art, you have take her to the Oklahoma City Museum of Art where they are offering free admission for all moms. Discover one of the world’s largest collections of Chihuly glass and visit “The Unsettled Lens” and “After the Floating World: The Enduring Art of Japanese Woodblock Prints,” before both exhibits are gone.
- Science Museum Oklahoma – After exploring the Science Museum Oklahoma, kids can participate in Hand Bouquet Painting at the Gardens for a special, handmade gift for mom. Kids can create a bouquet for free with their museum admission Saturday, May 13 from 10 am to 2 pm.
- iFLY – For moms who are a little more daring, save $50 on select packages from iFLY for an experience she’ll never forget!
Happy Mother’s Day!