We’re down to the wire here, fellas. If you’re in a bind and haven’t had a chance to make any special Valentine’s Day plans, we wanted to give you a hand with that before it’s too late. From our office full of women who know what women want we’ve compiled a list of romantic outings you can take with your sweet heart this Valentine’s Day and hopefully keep you off the couch.
1. River’s Edge Cottages in Watson, OK are a 100% foolproof formula for romance. The cottages are tucked away each in their own secluded corners of the forest for an intimate and private escape. Not to mention, each cottage has it’s own personal panoramic view overlooking the river or surrounding mountains. Soak in these incredible views while you soak in the sunken double Jacuzzi with the fireplace roaring in the background. We’ve done the math for you: beautiful view+jacuzzi+fireplace= Romance.
2. Lago Vista Bed and Breakfast provide many of the same features with a less rustic feel. If your Valentine isn’t one for the remote cottage experience try renting a lovely room at the Lago Vista! Enjoy your fireplace, large jacuzzi tub, and expansive view of the lake without traveling too far off the beaten path. When you’re not enjoying your room, venture out for a hike or to use the crystal clear pool and maybe meet some other couples!
3. Historic Hayes House in Muskogee, OK will just about knock anyone’s socks clean off. If your Valentine would prefer to have nothing to do with being in or near the woods, we suggest this location. Each room come furnished with beautiful antique furniture, a jacuzzi bath, and delicious in room snack for lovebirds enjoying their nest. If that’s not romantic enough for you, order one of the additional packages for your room. Be treated to a five-course candlelit dinner, therapeutic massage, red roses, chocolate-covered strawberries, and champagne flutes with your names etched into them.
If you’ve got little ones or can’t find time to sneak away for Valentine’s Day try…
4. Redrock Canyon Grill. This fabulous restaurant serves Southwestern and American style dishes off the shore of Lake Hefner. You don’t have to travel further than Oklahoma City to treat your Valentine to a delicious dinner and cocktail and then finish the evening off by watching the sun go down over the lake.
5. Sumo Japanese Steak House is perfect for those couples looking for delicious food and an amazing show! This restaurant is especially good if you’re babysitter bailed on you at the last second. No need to worry! You can still have your romantic evening out! Your kiddos will be occupied with watching the hibachi chef grill and play with fire so you can surely sneak some kisses with your Valentine!
Regardless of where you go, don’t forget the chocolates or the roses! Let us know if you venture out to any of these amazing locations and good luck to you, men! We hope you and yours have a lovely time together this Valentine’s Day.